Or with your username:
July 13th, 2015
When you're dealing with cancer, a daily dose of inspiration may make a big difference in your outlook on life. Share these inspiring words with a fighter in your life to lift them higher during their cancer journey.
Keeping a positive outlook is proven to help with stress management, but when someone says to "think positive" or "be optimistic" during a time such as cancer, it can be much easier said than done. We know that cancer isn't all rainbow and butterflies and once you enter a dark mindset, it can be hard to get out of it. But most of us have that one message of hope and inspiration that somehow manages to help bring some perspective and optimism to a situation.
So with the help of our community, we compiled 20 of those messages. If you need some motivation or you know someone who does, please share these words of inspiration with a loved one.
1. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and in the manner in which you live.
One of our favorite cancer quotes from the beloved Stuart Scott. Live your life by your own terms, not cancer's.
2. Remember how far you've come, not just how far you have to go. You may not be where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be.
It can be easy to get caught up in how far you have to go. Don't forget to look back, and recognize how far you have come. Every day brings you one step closer.
3.You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as you'd ever imagined.
Don't let cancer cause you to sell yourself short or forget your worth.
4. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven't.
Keep searching for what you're looking for. You will find it.
5.Your life is your story. Write well. Edit Often.
You can't control what happens to you, but you can control the way that you handle it. What do you want your story to say?
6.Be thankful for this day.
You are here, breathing and living life. Even if it's not the life you want or hoped for, it's life. There's always something to be thankful for.
7.Small steps every day.
Every small step counts. You might not reach your goal today but that is okay.
8. Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.
Everyone has scars - whether you can see them or not. Wear yours with pride.
9. When it rains, look for rainbows When it's dark, look for stars.
It may be hard to find your silver lining during a cancer diagnosis, but its' there. If you look for it, you will find it.
10. Optimism: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster; it's more like a cha-cha.
You may not be where you want to be right now, but you're just doing the dance that is called life..
11. Never give up. Never give in.
Never, ever, ever give up.
12. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
If you loved your life before cancer, do not be afraid of life after cancer. You will find beauty again.
13. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.
There is no time for negative energy during cancer .You need to be around people who inspire, challenge and make you better.
14. Good thoughts only.
The bad thoughts will try and sneak in, but don't let them. Focus only on the good thoughts.
15. Don't look back. You're not going that way.
Don't waste time worrying about the things that you cannot control; such as the past. Keep moving forward.
16. I can and I will.
There's no other option. Tell yourself this affirmation every day - through treatments, doctors visits, and whatever else comes your way.
17.I had cancer, cancer never had me.
You are not defined by what you are going through. Cancer will never have you. You are much more than your disease.
18. Cancer is a word, not a sentence.
Cancer is NOT a death sentence. It's just one word in your sentence; one part of your life.
19. Broken crayons still color.
Nobody's perfect. If you feel broken, don't let that determine your worth. You can still do so much.
20. It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars.
Try and find some beauty in your situation. You won't be the person you were before cancer, but that does not have to be a bad thing.
What else do you want to add to this list? Share your favorite quote in the comments below.
to continue the conversation.
Want to blog with us ?