We're all here for similar reasons - we've been touched by cancer in some way. It’s up to all of us to show each other that no one is alone. Your You Can Connect profile is your own place to call home during this crazy thing called cancer, we just ask that you keep these simple guidelines in mind when participating.
1. Always Be Nice. This is a place for connections and conversations – we encourage you all to talk openly but please remain considerate in all of your engagement. Don’t post obscene, hateful or objectionable content. Abuse and disrespect will not be tolerated in the You Can Connect community and is subject to deletion and user removal at our discretion.
2. Be a Good Friend. The You Can Connect community is a family. Please remember to be a good friend to the connections you make on You Can Connect. Ask questions that you wish someone would ask you; if you can’t find the right words to say, send a hug, it can speak louder than words. A simple gesture goes a long way.
3. Don't Spam. This includes sending unsolicited messages of any nature, posting links to unrelated content, promoting a survey, fundraiser or product where it shouldn’t be promoted. If you aren’t sure if something is appropriate to post, e-mail us and we’ll let you know.
4. Think Before You Post. Everything you post on You Can Connect is secure, but it is up to you to monitor how much or how little information you are sharing about yourself and your experience. Please don’t share personal or identifiable information like your mailing address or your full name and don’t share other member’s information.
5. If You See Something, Say Something. We work hard to make sure these guidelines are followed closely but if you see something that doesn’t’ feel right to you, please let us know. We review every report we receive and will take anything you say to heart. We promise.
6. Be Open. Welcome newcomers and help guide them through this journey based on your own experience. Whether you are a survivor, fighter, caregiver or supporter, you have valuable information that can very well help someone else who is just beginning the cancer journey. Be open to sharing experiences and give someone else the gift of your time.
Thanks for being a part of our community. It’s up to all of us to ensure that You Can Connect remains a place for us all to call home when dealing with the ups and downs of a cancer diagnosis.
Today was the first time i used public transport since you took my leg. I had 3 old people call me brave before I had even explained it to them. Because of you people will always think I am something I am not, because of what you have done to me I ca... [Read More]
Dear Cancer, I promised myself to keep on fighting until I was just like everyone else again, until I could wake up in my own bed and run free without that stupid IV. No matter how painful a struggle no matter how long, I would have fought to eternit... [Read More]
New to You Can Connect
By clicking Sign Up, you agree to ourand .